A life-long kidney patient educator and an internationally-known nephrologist explain how dialysis works; each of the ways to do it; and how your treatment choice may affect your diet, energy level, work, travel, sexuality and fertility, sleep, and survival. Comprehensive and fully referenced, this book is a must-read if you face the life-changing choices that come with kidney failure.
- Become Your Own Expert (Read this sample chapter)
- Coping with Crisis
- What Kidneys Do for You
- When Kidneys Fail – Symptoms from the Loss of Homeostasis
- How Dialysis Works
- Standard In-Center Hemodialysis
- Peritoneal Dialysis (PD)
- Short Daily Home Hemodialysis
- Nocturnal Hemodialysis
- The Care Partner’s Role in Home Dialysis
- System of Dialysis Care and Medicare 101
- Choosing a Dialysis Clinic
- How to Protect Yourself in the Hospital
- …and more!
No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior consent of Medical Education Institute, Inc.
All sales are final.